The Emerging Voices Mentorship program is an initiative of the New Orleans Film Society. Its goal is to offer filmmakers of color based in Louisiana an environment to meaningfully connect with industry leaders, to both expand their career/project opportunities and to help strengthen our local film community.
Selected filmmakers will be paired with a Film Industry leader and have one-on-one meetings during the 27th Annual New Orleans Film Festival in 2016. With full access to all the festival has to offer, Emerging Voices participants will also participate in short intensive meetings with industry professionals to build further connections to advance their projects.
A Louisiana based filmmaker self identifying as a person of color
Narrative and Documentary projects may submit in the following categories: shorts, features and web-based. All projects must be original content, and in the development/pre-production stage. We are not accepting completed projects at this time.
This year, we are also accepting applications for experimental films and music videos
You may only submit one project per person and applicants must serve as the Director or Producer of the project.
Participants must be available during October 12th-17th, 2016
You must be 18 years or older to enter
TO APPLY – Please submit the following:
- Logline and synopsis
- Treatment for experimental or music video projects
- Working screenplay (narrative shorts, features) or detailed documentary proposal (shorts and features). If you are submitting a web-based project, we ask that you submit two scripts (narrative) or episode proposals (documentaries). Treatments for narrative submissions will not be accepted.
- Biography of director and producer(s), as well as any other key personnel attached to project
- Proof of residency, must be resident of LA for at least three years (scanned copy of LA. driver’s license/photo id required)
- Project status and history
- Finance plan and budget (budget is recommended but not required)
- Director’s prior work sample or rough-cut/clip-reel for documentary works-in-progress (online link)
- There is no application fee to submit, only one submission per person is allowed.
Submissions close at midnight on Sunday, June 26th. For more information & to apply check out our new webpage here.
For more information please contact [email protected]