Louisiana’s Motion Picture Investor Tax Credit provides motion picture productions up to a 30% transferable tax credit on total qualified in-state production expenditures, including resident and non-resident labor. For productions using in-state labor, Louisiana offers an additional 10% payroll tax credit.
The program is open to all motion picture production companies headquartered and domiciled in Louisiana for the purpose of producing nationally or internationally distributed motion pictures with total Louisiana expenditures exceeding $300,000, and $50,000 for local Louisiana productions meeting certain qualifications. See www.louisianaentertainment.gov for more information.
- Provides up to a 40% transferable tax credit.
- $50,000 threshold for local Louisiana productions meeting certain qualifications.
- $300,000 minimum in-state expenditure requirement.
- For fiscal years 2016-2018 the maximum amount of credits that can be claimed per fiscal year is $180 million.
- Tax credits may be used to offset personal or corporate income tax liability in Louisiana.
- Tax credits may be transferred to Louisiana taxpayers.
- Tax credits may be transferred back to the State for 85% of face value; however, the state is not accepting transfers between July 1, 2015 and June 30, 2016.
- An array of changes have impacted this program. View Summary of impacts.