List your property as a Location for filming.
If you would like your home or business listed as a potential location for filming with Film New Orleans, Please do the following:
- Take 5-20 pictures of your property. Pictures should include the exterior, the interiors and the grounds. The photos should provide an overview of the property.
- Email the photos, description and contact info to [email protected].
Film New Orleans maintains an in-house photo database of locations. These photos are made available to local location scouts and emailed to specific productions based on their location needs.
List your house/apartment as Housing for film crew.
Click Get Listed and fill out the application. Your “Company Name” should be the street address of the house/apartment for rent. Be sure to include your contact information and a link to pictures of the property if you have them.
If this is your first time renting to the film industry, keep the following in mind:
- Leases will be short term. Rather than a standard 6-12 month lease, films will look to lease for less time. Usually somewhere between 2-4 months.
- “Turnkey” properties are the most attractive. Films have to find housing up to 100 people for three months in a very short period of time. Offering a “turnkey” property means that the price includes everything, a furnished apartment with all utilities included (Internet is optional, but a HUGE plus). Even if the price is higher, this is preferable because the entire cost is known up front, and the hassle of setting up utilities and renting furniture for 50 people is avoided.
- Pictures sell your property. Including a link in the description to several pictures of your property is the best description!